An industry experts view on the top 5 things you need to be thinking about, when looking to re-start your food sales in your pub.
So what is it that you can do now, to ensure you give yourself and your pub the best possible re-start to your pub food business?
Have a look below at my top 5 recommended actions and check if you can put a tick by each one.
I would strongly recommend you view the re-start of your food offer as an opportunity to relaunch your food offer to both previous regular customers and potential new customers. Trust me the big brands will have well thought out strategies in place to get customers into their pubs, make sure you give yourself the best chance to get your fair share of the market!
CUSTOMER CONFIDENCE IS CRUCIAL – You have one chance to get this right.
Over the coming days we will give you a short checklist for each of the 5 actions below.
- Review and tweak your kitchen and stores set up whilst closed (or just doing take away) ready for re-opening
- Revise the layout of your pubs inside and outside space, to ensure social distancing when customers are allowed back.
- Adapt your service practices, to minimise any contamination concerns, and train staff accordingly to ensure you build customer confidence.
- Review and tweak your menu content to a) avoid wastage if trade is slow at the start and b) ensure you can cope with demand if you have trade peaks
- Get all your customer communications published and printed, so customers are 100% clear about your plans and tactics to serve great food in a safe way
Start making a list now of all the things that come into your head, so not to lose any great ideas!
Look out for tomorrow’s blog with a short checklist on action point 1.
For more see the Food Profits landing page here