Who we are
Our website address is: https://pubs.expert
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer or device, which enables our website to identify your computer or device as you view our website pages. Cookies allow websites to store your preferences and track how websites are used.
- Record website usage data
- Identify whether you are signed into our website
- Test content on our website
- Recognise when you return to our website
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Data gathered by this website
We gather and use limited information about individuals who use this website. We use this information to provide products and services; to enable certain website functions; to better understand how visitors use this website; and to present timely and relevant information to visitors.
We may collect the following information:
- Website usage data
- User data such as your IP address and details of your browser and device
Data you send to us voluntarily via our contact forms
This website may collect the following information via its contact and enquiry form features (use of these features is optional):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address and telephone numbers
- The name and website address of your company
- Other written information related to your enquiry that you provide
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from the company and to improve our products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve our products and services
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email or telephone for market research purposes
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers.
Our service partners
We may use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data:
- Google LLC, which provides Google Analytics service to measure the performance of this website
- CPANEL, which hosts this website.
- CGAIN WEB DESIGN AND SEO, whose WordPress software (and associated add-ons) we use to manage the content of this website.
We will not share your personal information with any other third-party unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in accordance with the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Links to external websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We have no control of websites outside of our domain. We are not responsible for the content of other websites, or for the protection or privacy of data you submit to them.
How to make a request about your data
You can contact us to ask us what data we hold about you, who has access to it and how it is being used. We will also delete any data about you that we hold if you ask us to.
To make a request please contact our Data Controller, by emailing support (at) pubs.expert